Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Almost Fall!

I can't believe fall is only a couple of days away! I have been looking forward to it & now it's almost here! We have been pretty lucky with the weather, it's in the low 90s but it doesn't feel like summer anymore since the beginning of September.
It's the best time when days & nights are about the same length. Here, sunrise is at 6:45am & sunset at 6:55pm.
The vegetation has changed, leaves have started to turn. We need to blow leaves already. It's the nice thing about this area, some leaves turn very early like the Elderberries & we have pretty colors but about 50% of the trees stay green all year long so it's always very green whatever the season. I found New York City area bare trees so depressing, between the cold & the snow, winter turned life in black & white.
We still have flowers but there are berries too.




The weekend felt a bit different as Sunday a big boat pulled by a car hit the power lines & something exploded at the pole at the corner of our road. It's pretty weird to lose power then hear a boom! I called Mississippi Power ASAP & they came & repaired but it was pretty damaged. We were without power from 1 to 5pm. It always feel long & it gets pretty hot inside without AC.
I hope to see friends this week & do some shopping.
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! I'm with you about winter. It's very depressing with everything so dead. Snow is really the only part of winter that I love. Everything is so beautiful when it's white and glistening. I'm glad they got your power restored pretty quickly, tho, not fast enough I'm sure. lol Have a great day, my friend. :)

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! I've never had to deal with a b & w winter and I'm always surprised when people comment on our grass being green! :) Of course, I think snow is beautiful but that's because I've never had to shovel it or see it when it gets all dirty. It's nice to visit and then go back to our mild weather. Is fall always Sept 22nd? I'll have to look that up- if so, then Jacob's birthday is the first day of fall. :)

Dru Lowenthal said...

Happy Fall Elizabeth!
I have never seen b&w either? We get snow in our local mountains but that is much different. You stay green I am sure year round in your neck of the woods like us :) To answer your question about Flo TV I had posted I had found the solution for TV for my second job on the weekends but deep down inside was hoping that just maybe they would install our TV in our temperary offices but that looks like a no so I sprung for the $200 portable DVD & TV and will pay the $14.95. I look at it as a work expense ;) Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Hugs, Dru

Tracey said...

Hi Elizabeth! Even though I hate our hot summers here in Texas, I do love that I can wear flip-flops ALMOST year-round! I do love a good snow and even visiting places that get a lot of it, but it's always nice to leave behind. I do agree...September has flown by! ((BIG HUGS))

sadie said...

This entire year seems to have raced past. I can't believe it's autumn already. We are having a few last days of summer, or so it feels. Today is meant to be pretty warm and sunny, with rain back again tomorrow.

I love the stark black & white feeling to winter. But I also love seeing everything burst into life in the spring too. Nature is nothing short of magical :o)

Glad your power wasn't lost for too long, though it sounds like it was gone for long enough!

Happy Autumn xx

LadyT said...

Happy 1st day of Autumn Elizabeth. (Well not until 11 pm tonight). I'm starting to see leaves turning and apples all over the place with pumpkins not far behind. I love it! This year is going by way too fast isn't it. Have a lovely evening my friend. Hugs (and one for Buddy) ;-}

Tammy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I agree with you about winter too. I will miss the green South, but on the other side of the coin, when spring arrived this year it was almost hard to tell. I also really missed seeing Robins the in summer. There are pros and cons to anywhere you live, I guess. Anyway, enjoy your 'cooler' weather! Big hugs!!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Elizabeth!
Hope your week is going great! Happy first day of Autumn! I am so happy this time of year has arrived. :-) I enjoy all the seasons, but fall and Christmas time are my favorite.
Take care.
~hugs~

Susan said...

Hi Elizabeth, Happy Fall, well it is trying to be and we will be up to 100 this weekend. I debated on changing my graphics. I have so many with Reina in it ans I miss her so. I am enjoying my grandbabies. Tomorrow I babysit my newest grand daugther Audrina. :)

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Elizabeth yes it would be hard to not have air in MISS at this time of year. Imagine in the olden days! how did they survive! I would die on hot days over 100 F without air conditioning. LOL!
I have a lot of roses blooming right now, the weather is mild but today was a bit hotter back to the 90's. I did enjoy the 70's we had for a few days. I can't wait for it to last longer then a few days!
Have a great weekend. big hugs
Your blog is cute all decorated for fall.

Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

~Pam~ said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Hope you are having a great weekend!
xoxo

Post a Comment