Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September is going very fast

I can't believe it's already been a week, time seemed slow but since Joel came back, it's been flying. I haven't done much, I miss my friend Diane who's still in New York. I hope she'll be back soon. We are almost partners in crime, always ready to do something silly & fun. She doesn't work either so it's easier to organize something very quickly. She also lives a few houses away from me.
• Reading I'm reading a great mystery while magazines are piling up, I receive them this time of the month so I have a few to read. I don't like to start a new book so I guess I'll get to them then. It's also easier to read a magazine outside than a book. So I may take them out when I go on the deck.
• Feeling awesome, last week was very stressful for me as I had sleep problems but I'm back to myself & enjoying it.
• Craving ice cream, there's a lovely ice cream place that opened within walking distance from the house, it's always a bit tempting but so far I'm good!
• Drinking apple juice with lots of ice.
• Wearing black capri with a white top & ballet flats.
• Carrying my pink purse.
• Buddy is doing great, he's happy Joel is home for a bit. Here's a photo I took last month. He can see the road & it's beside the front door which explains his position. The front door is on his front right. I didn't take a single photo last week… I hate when it happens.




• Weather is stupendous, still hot but the humidity is very low, it's so clear & bright, I love it. It's still in the very low 90s but it's much nicer than it was in August. It's the magic of this area, September comes & the weather changes magically.
• Cooking with tons of herbs, it's so nice to just go outside to pick whatever I need. I also have lots of dry herbs & I'm addicted to fennel seeds, they soften when cooked & they add a lightness to meals.
• Thinking about this week, Joel is going to be home this week & next week so I'm always enjoying it.
• Flowers are looking great, nothing new except the rosemary keeps flowering. I wish I had roses sometimes but I don't see them anywhere in this area. I think it's too hot for them. We have lots of flowers in winter which is pretty special.
• Watching nothing much especially tonight as Joel is playing guitar.
• Candle I have caramel apple in the tart melter. It's very mild which I appreciate right now.
Have a great day!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! Great bullet entry as always :) Mmm, caramel apple tarts must smell lovely. I'm a sucker for the pear ones. Hope you have a great evening!

LadyT said...

Hi Elizabeth;

We are finally getting cooler almost autumn type weather here in my corner of the map. :) But it's not cool enough for the trees to turn their brilliant colors yet. Love your bullet list. It must be nice to have a "partner in crime" to spend time with. I never had that. Have a lovely middle of the week my friend. Hugs (and one for Buddy too).

Kia said...

Ciao Elizabeth, what an adorable photo of Buddy! :) It's great having a "partner in crime", isn't it? Glad you cold spend so much time with your hubby.
Thanks for stopping by. A few year ago Bialetti made this special coffee machine to make cappuccino. It's called "Mukka" (cow) and it's not a normal moka, you cannot do cappuccino in a regular moka. Check out this link: http://www.bialettishop.com/MukkaMain.htm (US store) - the cappuccino is not "perfect", but it's foamy and easy to make, and Zeno really likes it. Big hugs & have a lovely day!

sadie said...

I'm glad you have a partner in crime so close to you :o)

I agree, September is going by so quickly this year. I realised with shock that it's halfway through the month already! No wonder our weather has turned so windy and chilly!

have a super rest of the week xx

p.s you asked recently if I'd had a certain candle - could have been farmer's market? - I didn't reply, but the answer was yes. I have had it and love it :o) x

lunarossa said...

Hi there, I had lost yout blog address, glad I've foiund you again through Kia! Glad you're doing well. Weather is not good here at the moment. I suppose we're entering autumn now. Love Buddy's photo. Another one to show my crazy-for-big-dogs-daughter. All the best. Ciao. A.

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I can't believe that Sept is 1/2 over either. Carmel Apple sounds wonderful. Enjoy your 2 weeks at home with Joel and of course Buddy.
Hugs, Dru

Krystal Kats said...

HI Elizabeth I know September is flying fast! a tart melter sounds nice is it electric or the type where you put the tea candle? I have the tea candle type. It's a pain. I mostly use the scents in the small jars now a day and you add water, they have so many scents, yesterday I put a pumpkin one on, it smelled so good. It's nice you have a friend so close are you both the same age? ice cream so close that sounds dangerous. We have a yogurt shop near us but it's to far to walk to, I love that better then ice cream, my husband loves ice cream a lot!!! and I mean a lot. he is so funny.
Have a great weekend and enjoy your days with Joel. My husband used to play the guitar, I don't miss it that he does not play anymore, he had so many all over the house. Now we actually have a spare room for him to put them in he doesn't play. Big hugs

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! That photo of Buddy is so cute. He looks like something has his attention! Squirrel! :D Enjoy the weekend! (((Hugz)))

JayJay said...

omgosh lots going on for you lol. Im busy reading to alot lately have a huge stack of books to get through. I have to say you have a beautiful wee dog. catch up again soon. *hugs*

Judy said...

Hi Elizabeth! I always enjoy your bullet posts. And of course I love the photos of Buddy. Such a sweet pic!

It's wonderful that you have your 'partner in crime'...it makes life so much more fun, doesn't it?

I wish it felt like Fall here. We're still having triple digits.

I am 'loving' my iPad!! So you have a Mac? Are they are neat as the iPad? You really 'must' get one Elizabeth. I am totally addicted to mine. :-)

Sending you big hugs! Have a lovely week.

Post a Comment