It's funny, I wrote at the end of my last post "I hope to see friends this week & do some shopping." I did all this & much more.
I went shopping down town Thursday. It was a beautiful day, I love this area with all the stores & the live oaks lining the avenue.
I took this photo with my iPhone.
Friday I got a call from my friend Diane asking me if I wanted to go see a play with her. I accepted & we went Friday night. I was a little afraid it would be boring but I love to go out with Diane & I haven't seen a play in such a long time. I thought it was worth going.
In fact it was excellent & the actors were wonderful. The end was sad & I was very very close to tears. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one. I had forgotten how special & strong a play can be & I really loved it.
Saturday night we had dinner at Diane's & we had a fantastic time again, Diane has such a great sense of humor & it works great with Joel's & mine. It was an early dinner as we were going to a concert at the Beau Rivage Casino.
I took this photo with my iPhone.
It looks very European, it reminds me of Italy & the French Riviera. It's a great place with lots of stores & a 1500 places theater. BB King was just incredible. He's 85 but he's still fantastic.
Have a great day!

14 comments:
Hi Elizabeth, the I Phone sure takes nice pictures. I think any time out with friends is great. Glad you had a nice time. Hugs
Hi Elizabeth, sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the photo of the street - it looks so quaint. I really did enjoy our time in the South. At one time, I wanted to live in Memphis 'so' bad. Something very special about life in the South.
Hope you have a wonderful week. Enjoy this start to the fall. Hugs!
Happy Tuesday Elizabeth;
Wonderful photos. Looks like a terrific place to stroll, shop or just plain window shop. I used to do that in San Jose when I was living out there. Now I'm stuck in a hilltop boondocks type of area. Don't get me wrong, I love the country but I miss the city shopping areas. I haven't been to a play in years.
Have a lovely day my friend. Hugs
Hi Elizabeth! Love the photos! I have to echo what Judy said. The picture of the street looks so quaint. Looks like a great place to shop. :) I'm glad you had a good time with your friends. Lucky you that you got to hear BB King. We love his music. Have a great day, my friend!
Hi Elizabeth,
Sounds like a great time. Cute little town to shop. We have a few cute little areas like that near me one of them is in the hills and it is the little city of Montrose. I love BB King that must of been a great concert. Your friend sounds like a fun gal I love plays too but I am a musical comedy person when it comes to plays. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Dru
Hi Elizabeth,
Sounds as if you had a great time!It is always nice to catch up with friends. I love your photos and I love shopping!
Have a great rest of the week. Thank you for dropping my by blog and hope to see you again soon!
Hugs
Hi Elizabeth, Your phone takes really good pics! I love to shop in cute little towns. Hope you are enjoying your day! ((BIG HUGS))
Hi Elizabeth,
B B King is one of my favorites. I would love to see him perform.
Your time with your friend sounds wonderful and your pics are very nice.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Liz
Elizabeth sounds like you had a lot of fun. I don't know who B B King is. I sure I would know if I googled it. LOL! what great photos your iphone takes! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with Diane. Looks like a great place for shopping time to pull out the credit card! big hugs
glad you had a good week :o) have a lovely weekend too
Happy October!
xx
Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for your prayers for Kali and support for us! She's having her best day today so I'm feeling happier. I deal with the stress by doing menial tasks, housework and exercise. Wanted to stop in and wish you a Happy Birthday- I know it's tomorrow. :) Glad you had a great week shopping and going to a play and seeing BB King. Keep it up this week for your birthday! :) (((Hugz)))
Hi Elizabeth
I know I'm the worse friend, but I wanted to tell you that I think of you, and remember it's your birthday today. Have a most lovely day today, dear. Much love xoxo
Still on a break, but wanted to pop by and wish you:
"Tanti auguri a te!
Tanti auguri a te!
Tanti auguri, cara Elizbeth!
Tanti auguri a teeeee!"
Sorry I am one day late, but have not been online for ages. Hope you had a fab special day, sweetie pie!
Birthday-hugs xoxoxox
Hi Elizabeth,
Sounds like you had a wonderful day out.
Your phone takes a nice photo. That street looks like a lovely place for a stroll too.
Hope the week goes well for you.
Post a Comment