Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wild Flowers & Berries

It's been a quick & quiet week, the weather has been awesome except for some rain these last few days. It's a bit cooler & less humid. I want to go shopping this week & I should have lunch with Jena Wednesday. It will be September 1st & it's a great way to celebrate it. My friend Diane is in New York for several week & I miss her, Fern is in Minnesota, I miss her too.
Here's another bullet entry, I hope you don't mind.

• Flowers Regular flowers are growing wild. I love these, they have been growing everywhere this summer. They don't last long when it's very hot but they are beautiful.




They're called trumpet vine & attract humming birds. They're also Kentucky state flower.



• Reading I have a big pile of books waiting to be read & some magazines, nothing particular otherwise.
• Feeling OK, I walk a lot more lately, it's easier for me to walk when Joel is home than when he travels, I manage both ways but I like the freedom to leave the door unlocked & just go for a walk any time.
• Craving Chocolate
• Drinking tea
• Wearing pink top with skinny jeans
• Carrying Dooney & Bourke Purse
• Watching the elderberries growing, I posted a photo of elderberry flowers last spring & this is what they become. They are early this year.



• Buddy is doing great.
• Weather has been cloudy with a bit of rain these last few days, it should get better tomorrow. I get cabin fever when it rains all day long.
• Cooking something Italian with fresh herbs grown right outside the kitchen.
That's it for this week, have a great day!

11 comments:

annie said...

I love these bullet posts. Its so nice to share what you are doing, how you are feeling.
We have trumpet vines also that grow up inside the trees along the roads. The same trees have wisteria in the spring and it looks lovely.
I hope the rest of your week is lovely.

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! We have a couple of trumpet vines in our backyard- one has yellow and one has white blossoms. Hope you enjoy your lunch on Wednesday. I never like to see September arrive because it always meant back to school and the end of carefree days. ;) (((Hugz)))

LadyT said...

Hi Elizabeth;

Great bullet post as usual.

When I was living in the Bronx, we had trumpet vines. They were beautiful! Ours were pink and the beautiful red you have in the photo. The heat and humidity is here again until Friday when "Earl" comes up the coastline. I'm hoping he gets blown out to the ocean without hitting land.

Have a lovely week ahead my friend. Hugs (to Buddy too) ;-}

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Very pretty flowers. Hope you have a fun lunch tomorrow. It has felt like Fall here all summer. We only had a few hot days all summer long. We are back in the 70's daytime and 60's at night. Fine by me :) Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Hugs, Dru

Kia said...

Ciao Elizabeth! I love trumpet-vine (trombetta rampicante), my grandma had them in the garden and I used to do my summer home-works on a bench near them. :) How was your lunch with Jena? I wonder if you are having it right now :) Glad your hubby is home more, have a lovely time with him and Buddy! Enjoy the weather, we are back to rain after 4 sunny days, so for now ;) I won't complain. Hugs!

Debra's Finer Things said...

Hi Elizabeth. Very pretty trumpet vine. I've tried several times to grow them, but haven't been very successful. Well, they grow, but don't bloom. Have no idea why. Glad you and Buddy are doing great. My Jax is getting so old. He's totally blind and deaf. It's so hard to see them get that way. Have a great day!

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Elizabeth that is a pretty flower on the rumpet vine. I have a big stack of books and magazines to read also. I like the old fashioned photo you found of it, it's so pretty. Your jeans sound cute. Morgan has some and I told her I was gonna get some she said I couldn't have them. LOL! I still want them, but I haven't tried any on yet, but some jean leggings and they would hardly fit over my feet and ankles and my feet are size 6 and my ankles are skinny! they were like for a child. I must go try on some skinny jeans this fall. Have a great weekend! I'm having a contest if you might like to please enter it! Big hugs

sadie said...

lovely pics. I haven't seen elderberries here yet, but I know they are around.. birds leave proof!

'cor' is an expression. As in 'Cor Blimey Guv'nor' usually used in old black & white London films.

have a lovely weekend x

annie said...

Happy Weekend Elizabeth! Enjoy it.

Melody said...

Ohhh....pretty flowers!! How I will miss mine when winter hits. I hope your having a great weekend! *hugs*

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! Happy Labor Day! The Trumpet flowers are beautiful. Hope you were able to get some reading done. Have a great day!

Post a Comment