Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Signs of Fall

Although the temperatures are still in the mid to high nineties there are signs of fall everywhere. There are acorns falling already, the sunsets start to be more colorful & the French Mulberry (Beauty Berry) is already purple which usually happens in September.
I'm going to keep doing bullet entries for a little longer.
• Feeling better, my cold is going away slowly
• Flowers are still growing like weeds, but the French Mulberry has turned purple already. I took this photo with my iPhone.




• Craving anything Lilly Pulizer
• Drinking Assam tea with a little 1% milk
• Wearing new pink top with khaki capri
• Weather is still hot & stormy
• Buddy looks so soft after his bath



• Thinking about the fun time I had shopping with Jena Saturday.
• This week Joel has no trip either so it is wonderful!
• Candle Yankee Candle Creamy Caramel which is awesome :o)
Finally the last sign of fall, squirrels start to eat more & become messier. Here's a photo of the deck railing after a squirrel had lunch.



Have a great day!

10 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Elizabeth! I am so ready for fall!! It seems so far off though, as it's still 100 plus temps here.

Love the lunch mess that the squirrel left you. :-) And Buddy - you know how beautiful I think he is, since I tell you every time. :-)

Wow - your iphone takes incredible pics! My hubby just got one, & he's been showing me all the pics he's been taking. It's amazing.

Hope your cold has left you completely now. Having a cold during summer is so awful.

Have a wonderful week Elizabeth! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Ciao Elizabeth, I am so NOT read for Fall this year. And Fall has always been my fave season... but I need a bit of sun and warmth before ;)
Squirrels are more active here too (great shot, btw!). Buddy is always a cutie :) and I am glad you will get to spend more time with your hubby this week :D Hugs & smiles your way!

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! I am more then ready for fall. Your entry is the 2nd fall entry I've read so far this morning and it makes me crave it even more. Great photos as always! Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Elizabeth!
I am SO ready for fall, it is my very favorite season. I get happy just thinking about it. :-)
Buddy is so cute! He photographs really well.
Take care and have a super week!
~hugs~

LadyT said...

Hi Elizabeth;

It's much cooler here with showers, temps in the 60's and yes, Fall is almost here. I think we are all looking forward to it after the hottest summer on record this year.

Ahhh.. The handsome lad Buddy always takes a great photo. Give him a hug for me. I hope your cold goes away soon. My back is still barking and hopefully will feel better by tomorrow.

Have a lovely middle of the week my friend. Hugs

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Elizabeth Buddy looks so pretty after his bath. The yankee candle sound heavenly. Your clothes sound so cute.
Sorry to hear you had a cold, I have not had a cold in a long time, but I have allergies all the time, so I can relate. LOL! it's muggy there when it rains I here. I don't like that. I wish we could move to Oregon it's the perfect weather and atmosphere for me. Steve loves it also. Maybe someday. Enjoy a nice week. Oh you're to funny about Tabitha needing a diet, she only eats about 1/4 cup of food, she just does not get enough exercise because she is a indoor cat. The vet says she needs to lose weight too but it does not budge. I give her a few extra treats at night before I go to bed, because she meows for them. So cute! Have a great week. big hugs

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Oh that Yankee Candle Creamy Caramel sounds awesome. I love candles and especially Caramel. Well we are finally getting a summer after our below normal temps until this week. How cute the squirrels eating on your deck rail. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.
Hugs, Dru

annie said...

HI Elizabeth,
That mulberry is gorgeous and Buddy is cute as usual.
I like Yankee Candles because they really have a decent scent to them. Some candles barely scent the air at all.
Hope you are having a lovely week so far.

sadie said...

apologies for not turning up sooner! I hassle you to write your post then don't have time to stop by and read it!!

Lovely signs of autumn. Ours are getting stronger as our weather gets wetter!

Buddy is such smart young man!

I've got a 'vanilla cupcake' tart burning today. just heavenly!

have a lovely Thursday. xx

sandy said...

Just in the last two days, I can feel a bit of fall too. It isn't as hot as it has been and maybe not as humid, if that's saying anything at all. Hopefully we will finally start getting some relief and enjoy going outside. We've been getting some crazy thunder and lightening storms too almost every day. Usually late afternoon or early evening. For once we have gone two whole days without them. I love them though and we don't have to water anything.

Your iphone takes wonderful pictures and the mulberry is pretty. We have them out back in the jungle mess too.

Sorry to hear you had a cold. My Mom was in the hospital back home just over a week ago with pneumonia which scared me. I told my sister I could be up there on the next flight if need be, but they all reassured me she was doing great. She's getting almost over it.

Yes, Buddy is a sweetheart. We gave Rochester a bath today and now he's all loving and huggable. He things he's "it" lol.
I will keep an eye out for the movie UP.

I've always loved yankee candles and bought my very first one back in 1990. It was in a tin can with lid and I had to use a bottle opener to get the lid off. I still have it for a keepsake.

enjoy your week-end and I hope Joel is home
huggs

Post a Comment