Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans' Day

It's been quite a week, Thursday I saw Diane & we had lunch together in a lovely tea room. It was still one of these fantastic days, dry & clear so we chose to eat on the porch which was lovely with a fountain & some flowers & ceiling fans. I took a photo with my iPhone.




The weekend was lovely, Saturday was beautiful but Sunday started to be cloudy & windy. We didn't do much, I didn't feel like seeing lots of people so I didn't go to the art & pottery festival. I saw it last year.
Here's the American holly I was writing about. It's beautiful & I love it. I hope it'll have red berries next month.



Monday was a weird day, it was grey & very windy. Buddy went to the groomer's & the cleaning lady made the house beautiful. Of course it wasn't the perfect timing with the weather but it was simpler this way. It started to rain around noon & unfortunately Joel had to leave Monday afternoon for Arizona. I was pretty scared & Buddy too. It rained so hard & the wind was very very strong. Buddy was terrified by the noise. There are lots of branches, pine cones & even acorns that fall on the roof & bounce on windows so it can be pretty loud when the weather is acting up. We didn't sleep much & it was wonderful to wake to a normal house, with power & all & the rain has slowed down but it was still very windy. I think it's going to be windy today too.
It's funny how simple normal days feel great when you have been terrified by something like Ida.
The rosemary is doing great, it spent some time at home Monday & Tuesday but it's looking fine so far.



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment