The week started pretty slow & lonely as Joel left Monday for ten days. Thankfully things have changed with time, so it was a fine week overall. I bought a few things online & today I have received books & make up.
I thought I would do a bullet entry this week.
• Reading nothing right now, I have just finished a book.
• Feeling great, I went for a walk to the beach this morning & it was beautiful. I wish I had taken my phone at least but I just left early before it got too hot & forgot everything except Buddy.
• Craving pasta like spaghetti.
• Drinking lemonade with lots of ice.
• Wearing a denim skirt & a pink top.
• Carrying my pink purse, I love it & keep carrying it.
• Buddy is having a cold or allergies, he seems a bit better since yesterday but he's been sneezing & snorting & unable to bark which is the worst thing for him. I'm watching him & stopped Benadryl yesterday night to see if he could do well without it. It might be something he caught when he was boarded for a few hours over a week ago. But so far he's OK. I keep my fingers crossed!
• Weather is beautiful but too hot & we're having storms. There was a big one yesterday evening, we needed the rain as the elephant ears were yellowing again. It's been a weird summer, the elderberries are ripe to the delight of birds, which is a bit early for the season & it's been hot like forever.
I took this photo with my iPhone.
• Cooking nothing but I have some new cookware I'm looking forward to use. I don't really cook much for myself when I'm alone.
• Thinking about early mornings, they're my favorite time of the day, the light is beautiful & everything is so new & just waking up. It's the coolest time of the day too which is nice. Yesterday morning, I went to check on my herbs while Buddy was running in the back yard & I heard a noise under the big grass which looks like a mix between pampa grass & iris leaves. They are flattened by the bunnies though. I was afraid it might be a snake so I clapped once & was surprised to see a young armadillo. He was so cute & seemed to have stripes on his back. He was grey & I love them, we don't have any fire ants this year thanks to them. It's quite a big deal here, as Sandy can tell you. I knew there was one around, the pine needles & dried leaves were moved in some areas but I was never sure. Anyway I didn't know they lived here :o)
• Flowers are back & everywhere. The shrub verbena (lantana) looked pretty bad & they have been flattened by fallen branches in some areas but they are blooming happily. It's very pretty & it's always happy to have all these colorful flowers.
• Watching New in Town, I saw it last week & it was funny. I enjoyed it.
Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment