I have lost my site about herbs. Geocities is not only closing in October but they have been deleting sites. I didn't edit often but it still had hits & I know many Geocities sites that haven't been edited in many years which are still here. When I heard about Geocities closing I went to my site to log in & see if I could archive it or just save it. It was quite a bad surprise not to find it.
I had my first site with Geocities in 1998! I still remember the date & all the mistakes I did with Geocities easy page builder. I also used Frontpage Express which was such an awful software & lost my main page a couple of times. Nothing worst than to go check your site & find nothing, I didn't know I could save the html I knew nothing. There was a java script that would generate at least 20 popups when the site opened. Geocities was well done with neighborhoods & more, it was a special & active community. Too bad Yahoo took over a few years later. Thankfully I quickly learned HTML & got better sites. I think most graphics artists were having linkware only, then things changed & after selling graphics for a few years, they disappeared.
Blogs have replaced lots of web sites mine almost included, I don't update much anymore except for my graphics & although facebook is fun, I hope it won't replace blogs & personal sites.
I saw Revolutionary Road a few days ago, I didn't expect the end, it's a good movie & Leonardo Dicaprio & Kate Winslet are wonderful. I'm so glad to live now although I love the 50s.
We still have a few flowers but the high heat & storms have hurt many. There are a few unexpected flowers blooming right now, the elderberries are starting to grow berries but there's one elderflower blooming happily, there's also a few honeysuckles, it grows wild here, of course it's been planted originally but it goes everywhere & becomes a weed or almost. I love honeysuckle so I leave it.
The weekend has been lovely with slightly cooler temperatures & less humidity. We changed a few things at home & I spent as much time outsite as possible. I took a couple of photos with my iPhone, I guess I'll post some in my next post. The cooler weather feels so great as summer starts early here & it's been one of the worst so far, very hot & humid. I'm enjoying our nicer weather but I'm still looking forward to September & fall.
Have a great day!
Added 10:15 AM - Don't believe my weather pixie, it shows us with rain but the sun is shining. The weather widget above is correct & usually more reliable.

No comments:
Post a Comment