Monday, May 24, 2010

Warmer Days

The week has been quiet until Thursday. Diane called me at 1:00 PM asking me if I felt like going out for lunch, we always laugh & have a lot of fun. We went to a wonderful restaurant with awesome food. It looks very expensive, the service is perfect but the prices are awesome. Then we went shopping a bit & had a great time.
We always drive by the beach to check things, so far it's still normal. It seems that everybody is trying to enjoy the beach right now, it's like seafood, we had baked oysters with Diane as we know this will soon disappear.
Most of us are boycotting BP here, I think everybody should.
Friday I had lunch at Applebee's with Jena, it's funny how things tend to happen all at once, it's either very quiet or I see friends & go out every day or so :o) We had a great time, she paints as a hobby & she's very talented, Diane writes.
Saturday Diane & I went to the farmers market, it starts to be great for vegetables.
I have discovered that one of our trees is a magnolia viginiana. It's the first year it blooms & the flowers are smaller than the magnolia grandiflora, which is pretty logical as grandiflora means big flowers. It smells wonderful too.




Has any of you planted heirloom tomatoes? I have some zebra ones & they still aren't blooming. I guess it takes more time than other varieties.
The herbs are growing like weeds as it is very sunny & the temperatures are around 90 degrees right now.
Here's a photo I took with my iPhone when we were leaving the market. It's pretty green here & I love the color of the road.



Have a great day!

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Elizabeth, It's kind of funny how every thing there looks like everything here. Gotta love the Southeast. I can never get enough of the magnolia's, it's such a pleasure to smell them. We saw blossoms on the way up to the inlaws a few weeks ago that were larger than life. I would have loved to have taken a picture of them, but we were driving and I didn't want to make hubby stop that time.
I've seen and heard of the heirloom tomatoes on TV recently and would love to try them. It seems all tomatoes have different bloom times. I would love to see a picture of it.
It's really dark here right now (3 in the afternoon) and just pouring rain and thundering. I am loving it as long as it doesn't get scary. We had quite the storm yesterday. But it has cooled things down for the day, so that's nice!
Oh take a picture of your friends at lunch! That would be fun for us to share all these nice restaurants ! Just tell them we want to meet them and have lunch too as most of us have no lunch date friends (giggles)
Have a great day! Stay cool!

LadyT said...

Happy Monday Elizabeth;

We too are finally having summer warmer days. Right now it's 83 degrees and the sun is shining. That's a beautiful magnolia tree. This is the first time I've heard of the magnolia virginiana. I bet the fragrance is wonderful.

BP should be boycotted right out of existence. We will all feel the results for years to come. I couldn't watch the news when they were showing the damage it's done. I'm wondering how long it will take our government to step in and stop this tragedy. This should have been taken care of from day one. Sorry for preaching. LOL!! But it really make me sick.

Have a lovely beginning of the week my friend. hugs

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! Glad you've made a lot of nice and interesting friends to shop and have lunch with. When you say you're boycotting BP, do they have gas stations there? We don't so wouldn't know how to boycott them. I can't believe what a mess this has become and the oil keeps coming! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

annie said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I like the road color too! I dont recall ever seeing that.
BP seems not to be doing much at all really. How can they not know how to stop a leak? Incredible.
I love your photographs.:)
I hope monday is just the beginning of a wonderful week for you.

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Very pretty road color! Pretty picture of your magnolia blooms. Yes to boycott BP, what a mess they have made and our enviorment will see and feel the effects for year to come :( Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.
Hugs, Dru

~Pam~ said...

Hi Elizabeth!
Lovely photos, I really like the pics of the magnolia. We are having very warm days here, summerlike, in the 80's.

We have BP gas stations around here, but I won't go to them now. Such a shame what has happened.

Take care and I hope you are having a nice day!
~hugs~

Darylynn said...

Dru saw my comment here so sent me a list of BP businesses/products:
List of BP brands in the US and Worldwide:
1) AM/PM (Convenience Store Chain)
2) ARCO (Retail brand on the US West Coast)
3) BP Travel Centers (Destination sites located in Australia)
4) BP Connect (Stations being operated around the UK, Europe, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and other parts of the world)... See More
5) BP Express (Worldwide)
6) BP Shop (Worldwide)
7) BP 2go (New Zealand & Australia)
8) Castrol (Brand of motor oil and other lubricants being sold Worldwide)
9) Air BP and BP Shipping (Air BP is the aviation fuel arm, BP Marine the marine fuels and lubricants arm and BP Shipping is the Shipping arm within the BP group)
10) Safeway Gas Stations (Partnered with BP in Oct. 2008)
11) Wild Bean Café (Worldwide)

They are coming to demo our fireplace on Thursday! That was quicker than expected!!!

Sandy said...

Hi Elizabeth, I know everyone wants to boycott BP, but this is something bigger than BP and the government should have stepped in on day one! They needed help to stop this and everyone in Washington is pointing fingers. It's a scary thing. I haven't heard yet today if they've stopped the leak yet, but yes they need help!

I was surprised to hear that you don't like things Victorian. I just love the Victorian clothes, furniture, and homes.

I hope you have a great Memorial Day Week-end!

hugggs

Kia said...

Ciao Elizabeth! :) I've been slacking in the blog-department. I'm trying to catch up on everybody today. That's a beautiful magnolia tree, I’d love to be able to smell the flowers! :D Enjoy your weekend! It’s a bank holiday weekend for us too and Zeno really needs a bit time off. Big hugs and smiles your way. :)

Lori said...

Hi Elizabeth!! The oil leak makes me so upset. It scares me for the marine life. I pray this mess is cleaned up soon.
It is hot there!! It has been low 80's and humid here. Hot summer on the way?
Have a nice weekend!!

Liz said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I love magnolia's. They smell so good. The pic of your magnolic is beautiful.
I agree about boycotting BP. I feel absolutely terrible about that mess. I pray that they can stop that gusher soon and clean up that mess.
Your time out with your friends sounds wonderful. It is good to have lots of laughter in one's life.
Hugs,

Linda said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I love the photos!!
I love flowers and magnolias are beautiful! We have so many in bloom here right now!
Enjoy your day!
Blessings.

Post a Comment