Monday, May 10, 2010

Southern Magnolias

This is such a pretty season in the South, there are flowers everywhere & it smells wonderful. It's also magnolia season, they're blooming beautifully. It's the southern magnolia, which is also called magnolia grandiflora, they keep their leaves all year long. There are several varieties of magnolias & all are lovely although I prefer the southern version :o)
I wish I could add the scent too as it smells so good.




I was lucky to find a Dooney & Bourke giraffe purse on sale. I think their animal prints are fun, they're the most copied too. It's not as big as it looks.



This week is going to be pretty different as Joel travels. He worked from home for over a week so the house is even more empty than usual.
I had a great time last week, there was a picnic with friends for Diane birthday, we went to a national park which is beautiful, I posted a photo some time ago, it's called Gulf Island National Seashore. The wildlife is fantastic & there's even an alligator always in the same area. I'm sure there are more but this one is well known. People come with their boats as there are boat ramps, it's also a place to come by boat as there are docks.
We had a wonderful time. It's always cooler there with a nice breeze.
Friday I had lunch with Jena, it was fun but always too short as she has to go back to work.
Here's another magnolia flower.



Have a great day!

13 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Such pretty magnolias!! England is ablaze with magnolias right now and I love them! Cherry blossom too.
Your picnic sounded like lots of fun.
Enjoy your dy!
Hugs.

Unknown said...

The flowers are beautiful. We want to plant a flowering tree in our side yard and I keep leaning toward a magnolia.
I love purses.
Did you live near the Hudson at some point?

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Beautiful Magnolia's!!I love your Dooney Giraffe purse it is so cute ;) Your picnic sounds lovely. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
Hugs, Dru

annie said...

Hi Elizabeth.
I love the purse! Its so adorable and the print it so cute.
The photo is lovely. Magnolias are the queen of trees, they really are.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow too.
Hugs

Melody said...

The Magnolias are gorgeous! Oh how I love summer for all the pretty flowers :o) I love that purse!!! I hope you have a great week :o)

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! I love the D&B giraffe print purse. I like cow print and zebra, too. Magnolia really is a symbol of the south- very pretty! We had an alligator here in SoCal in one of the city lakes. It was speculated it was a pet that someone got rid of. It took forever to catch him and now he's at the LA Zoo. His name is Reggie and they just got a girlfriend for him. :) Jeff retires at the end of June!

Anonymous said...

Ciao dear Elizabeth, Happy Wednesday! Hope this week has been a lovely one for you so far. Beautiful magnolia pics! There are many in Glasgow, I must go and see if the are in bloom already. I bet you have lovely flowers all year there! :D Hugs!!

LadyT said...

Happy Wednesday Elizabeth;

The magnolias are beautiful and such a delicate flower. While you are having beautiful weather, someone here forgot to tell Mother Nature that this is May in NY, NOT March. LOL! I've had to turn the heat on the past two days. Have a lovely middle of the week my friend. Hugs

Kathy said...

Hi Elizabeth! I love the magnolias! So beautiful! I have always wanted some! Maybe someday! Your purse is so nice! I love the animal prints! Have a great day!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Elizabeth! Oh the magnolias are gorgeous. You always have very beautiful photos. :-)

Love the D& B bag. OK, now don't get me started on purses and bags..I love them!!

Have a great weekend!
~hugs~

A said...

Hi Elizabeth! Yes I do remember you and your old site & yes your sweet Tequila too! It's been quite a few years. Thanks for dropping by my baby blog and for the sweet comments. I see you've moved away from NY? Your flowers photos are so pretty! I'll definately drop by to visit your here. *hugs*

Judy said...

Hi Elizabeth! I love magnolias - I always associate them with the South. LOVE your D & B purse! I have so many, but no animal print. When we were at Disney, I saw some Mickey Mouse ones, & now I want one of those. LOVE D & B!

Have a lovely week Elizabeth. Hugs!

Jeanne said...

I love Magnolia flowers and all that you share
Love Jeanne♥

Post a Comment