It's May already, the year is going fast once again. It's been a nice week as Joel came back Wednesday afternoon & worked from home Thursday & Friday. Saturday I went shopping for a gift for my friend Diane, her birthday is today but the picnic organized by one of her friends has been postponed to tomorrow because of the weather.
It's been sunny most of the day but it's still very humid, tomorrow will be nicer.
I don't know the name of the tree blooming so nicely, the flowers smell so sweet.
I'm so upset about the oil spill, this is terrible! This is an area with lots of wildlife reserves, lots of wetlands too with different kind of wildlife & it seems that everything is going to be touched. It is taking at least a week to BP to build a containment dome that should stop the oil spill, meanwhile over 200,000 gallons are still spilled every day, I just read that it may touch the East coast because of currents.
This is such a disaster! I have volunteered to help already, but it's wait & see for now.
Here's a photo of a baby elephant ear after a rain shower.
Have a great day!

9 comments:
Hi Elizabeth, the oil spill is so sad, so tragic. The effects are far-reaching too. I hope it can be contained soon.
I can't believe it is May either! Time flies by!
Loved the photos as always. You take such lovely photos! Have a wonderful week. Sending big hugs!
Hi Elizabeth;
Gorgeous photos. I too pondered on how time is going by so fast. In fact I devoted today's entry on pondering time.
It's truly a shame about the oil spills and wonderful of you to volunteer to help. I hope it can be contained soon.
Have a lovely beginning of the week my friend. hugs
Hi Elizabeth! I too am so sad about the oil spill and the effects it can/will have. Great pictures as always! Have a lovely day! ((BIG HUGS))
Test :o)
Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for mentioning the oil spill as I had wondered about your area. That'll be nice to volunteer to help. It's so sad when the birds get covered with oil and can't fly. I guess the effect on shellfish, etc... is going to be devastating. Hope Giovanna will still be able to get her crawfish on Fridays. :) Happy Cinco de Mayo! (((Hugz)))
Hi Elizabeth,
Oh I know, it is so sad about the oil spill. :(
Love your photos, you always take such great photographs!
Take care and I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
~HUGS~
I too am sad about the oil spill. this isn't something our environment or economy needs.
I look the pictures of the flowers
Hi Elizabeth,
Have a wonderful weekend!
Storms are passed now, all is well. :-)
~hugs~
Hi Elizabeth! I wanted to stop in & say 'bye' before we take off tomorrow. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Please check out my SWD this week...Emily is doing it. :-) Should be interesting. Sending big hugs!!
Post a Comment