Monday, January 25, 2010

Fun Week

Last week has been wonderful, it started slowly then with the warmer weather around 70 degrees, I saw a few friends. Thursday I had lunch with Diane at a local Southern restaurant. We had a great time & have decided to do more things together.
We should go shopping at the Beau Rivage later this week.
Friday was my friend Fern's birthday lunch, her birthday is this week but it was the best way to organize it so we could all three be there. I had ordered Screen Doors & Sweet Tea & was glad to receive it in time. Barnes & Noble is pretty quick & you can also order a book & get it at a nearby store.
We went to a wonderful restaurant not far from here & had a fantastic time.
You can see the restaurant website here.
I took this photo on our way out, this is such a pretty courtyard.




I used my iPhone which explains the photo shape :o)
Then Fern & I went to an art gallery where several artists expose & sell their artworks. I found a pretty little print, I have already ordered the frame & should get it this week.
It was a fantastic day & we laugh so much when we're together.
This week should be a little quieter & cooler. Joel left early this morning for upstate New York.
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Elizabeth! Sounds like a fun time with your friends. That book looks interesting. I think I will go check it out a bit more when I leave here ;) Love the courtyard! ((BIG HUGS))

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! What a great restaurant! I love how historic it is... oldest home in Biloxi! That's just the kind of place I love to visit when I travel! The menu looks great and they have a really nice website! Glad you had such a great time and that you've made such nice friends to have fun with! (((Hugz)))

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizbeth,
That is a great restaurant! The menu looks great too! I love the picture of the courtyard you took. I am happy to hear you had such a great week with your friends! Have a wonderful week ahead with all the good weather you have been having!
Hugs, Dru

Kellie said...

Hi Elizabeth! O sweetie, TY much for your lovely comments on my last post :) Warm & Cozy is exactly my aim for the living area!!!

Good thing I clicked the link to screen doors ...LoL... I assumed it was what it said! Interesting name for a book, I wonder if the name comes from maybe the fact of doors being open all the time with the weather & the screen door is always what you see? Hmmm

Wowsa to the restaurant, the website is fabulous, and it gives the total atmosphere of the place as well. I can see why you would enjoy it there so much.

You my sweet, enjoy the rest of your week, and into the weekend! ~Hugs I'm sending

Melody said...

Always so nice to spend time with friends isn't it! :o) What a great restaurant, love the pic you took. I hope you have a great week ahead :o)

LadyT said...

Hi Elizabeth;

Your week sounds like a lovely one spent with friends. I wish we had your sunny weather here. This winter has been horrible thanks to "El Nino". Mary Mahoney's looks like a wonderful place to eat. I love the photo of the courtyard.

Have a blessed week ahead my friend and give Buddy a hug for me. Hugs

Sandy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Oh, I believe Rex and I might have eaten there before ! I know as your heading west it's on the right side of the road. What a lovely website they have! That's my kind of place. It has such a New Orleans style to it.
Yes we were warm Sunday too, that's when I went to town painting with the windows open, it was wonderful. Then later on in evening we had quite the storm come through, tornado warnings, etc. it was hard to sleep with the wind howling. Now it's cold again *blah* I'm not very motivated to do anything when it gets cold.
The book sounds nice, I've heard of it too.
I'm still trying to figure out if that is wallpaper in the photo on my blog or if it isn't some kind of texture they did over old brick walls (?) hmmmmmmmmm wish I knew, cause I love it.

Have a great evening !

Denise said...

Hi Elizabeth, hope you're having a great week. The weather warmed up here a bit too and we've had lots of sunshine but today is overcast again. It won't belong for spring though, but I think it's forecast to get cold again for a few days first.

Sandy said...

Happy Thursday Elizabeth ♥
I took the pictures of the old schoolhouse a few months ago while we were in Charlotte, North Carolina ( I get around, don't I? heehee)
But while traveling back, Rex and I saw a state park and stopped in. It was in Lancaster, SC real close to the NC border. Anyway, yes that's where it was. It was really pretty up there and almost like being in the mountains.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Stopping by to say hello. Still haven't gone back to blogging. We are all fine here...very excited about the Saints going to the Super Bowl. Hope all is well with you! Baci!

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Elizabeth that sounds like a great day. What a gorgeous coutyard. I love courtyards! what great weather you had that day, today looks like rain for you! Have a great weekend sweets. big hugs

Anonymous said...

Ciao cara Elizabeth! Sounds like a fun time with your friends, good! :) It seems spring over there, wow! :D I am sooooo envious, LOL! It's so wet here. And cold! Do you wanna swap weather? ;)
Happy February! Baciotti!

Post a Comment