A friend of mine who was born here told me that the cold feels colder in the South, I tend to believe her. We have had such cold days & especially nights. I know 19 doesn't feel that cold anymore in the Midwest & New York but after living two years here I was frozen & ready to hibernate :o)
It should get a bit warmer in the next few days. My rosemary has been staying at home for over a week now & it seems to do pretty well. It doesn't need much water & it gets some sunshine every morning.
Here's a photo I took on a walk Sunday afternoon, the sun was low & the light beautiful.
These are pines needles along & on the road, the pines smell wonderful & I love to walk on pine needles, they feel like a soft rug.
Joel is in Arizona this week but he'll be back Thursday afternoon & he won't travel next week.
Here's a photo I took on Christmas Day, it's my brand new iMac, well it's mostly the screen, the keyboard is still wrapped Buddy wonders what I'm doing :o)
I should see friends this week & next week. I was shopping for candles last weekend & couldn't decide what scent I should buy. I love fall & Christmas candles & also berries. Anything cinnamon, chocolate or coffee works well with me too. Right now I have a gingerbread tart melting. What's your favorite?
Have a great day!

13 comments:
whoooo I've found you, or rather you\ve found me *lol* Long time no hear. My fault entirely.
Have a good couple of days x
Hi Elizabeth;
Great screen on your new pc. I just love pics of Buddy, he truly is a handsome lad. I believe you feel the cold more than we do. I remember when I was living in CA, anything lower than 45 would have me running for a sweater and blanket. LOL! Now that I spend most of the winter hibernating indoors (and of course older) I do feel the cold more thsn ever. I'm looking forward to Thursday as they say we will finally hit the 30's the rest of the week. I never thought I would say that!
;-}
Have a lovely middle of the week my friend. Hugs
Ciao cute Buddy!! Hey Elizabeth! This winter has been cold everywhere! Stay warm!
I love candles! <3 Right now I have 3 mini berries candles burning in the living-room. I also like the apple ones Zeno gave me for the holidays. And cinnamon, yum! But chocolate, coffee and vanilla are not for me, they give me an headache.
Hugs & happy rest of the week!
Hi Elizabeth! Your screen looks very different from mine... mine seems more long and rectangular and yours seems taller. Maybe it's just the angle. It's a great looking screen and look at all Joel's guitars and amps and things. ;) I like fresh scents like Clean Linen. (((Hugz)))
Hi Elizabeth,
Last year I was in New Orleans before our cruise New Years week and it was sooooooooooooo cold and I think your friend is right about the south and the cold! Your screen looks so different than mine too! My son wants a iMac for his next work computer. I love pumpkin, cinnamon, birthday cake, latte and caramel scented candles. I have a birthday cake one burning in my bedroom and a pumpkin pie burning in my living room :)
Very nice screen, and ooo Buddy is so cute!!
Love and hugs and warm wishes.
I am waiting for Spring
Love you
Jeanne
Helo ELizabeth! Buddy is so cute :o) I had heard the South has been colder than normal but wow..19F (which is about 1C)! That's really chilly for you. (and to be honest, for us too although that's our seasonal low this time of year)I love walking on pine needles too :)
I'm glad you had a good Christmas and New Year~ do you ever miss hosting your Christmas day tea??
My favourite scents are sweet...like gingerbread or cinnamon. SPeak soon xoxo
Hi Elizabeth, I love Christmasy and Fall smells, I tend not to buy too many scents the rest of the year, although I should, I'm sure there are some very pretty Spring scents.
Have a great week.
HI Elizabeth, The first time I spent a winter in the south was in New Orleans, and people there kept telling me it would feel colder than the north because of the humidity in the air and also because we get so acclimated to the high heat. Well yes they were right, when it gets cold, it's bone chilling. I went out to do a few things in the garage and went and got a down coat on and a wool hat (because I'm such a sissy) but it's supposed to warm up now, thank goodness, I can't stand the cold, all that dry heat coming from the furnace being on all the time - blah ! ) lol
Anyway, your iMac is gorgeous ! I'd be showing that off too ! Love the pretty green on the one wall and also love the guitars and amps. Joel must play pretty good? Is he a singer too? I grew up with my Dad walking around the house all the time and playing his guitar and singing. He had two quitars, one was an electric, a red gibson. He was so special. In his later years after he retired he joined a Bluegrass Band. I miss him.
(((hugggs)))
Oh, I've changed the name of my website (again) so if it doesn't look familar, it's still me lol
I love cinnamon scents, and sometimes berry. Also the evergreen scent at Christmas time. My favorite all time scent ever is Claire Burke in Original for burning potpourri. Sometimes if I'm lucky I can find candles in that.
(((Hugggs)))
Awesome Elizabeth on your Mac! love it. How old was your old one? seems like you just got that. Hope you have a great week. I am posting my new blog link in here. Not the one you posted on the other day but a different one. The weather sound nice there, but so cold here, we are to rain all next week every single day and get snow.
big hugs
wow that screen looks massive! Must be so nice to use.
I love that kind of lazy/hazy late afternoon light. very pretty.
I always enjoy warmer fragrances, but right now I'm loving the florals again. With Fresh Cut Roses and Lemon Lavender by Yankee being favourites at the moment. By summer I'll be back to frosted pumpkin and macintosh apple!
Have a lovely week, have you ordered the film?
:) x
Post a Comment