Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Fall!

I was glad to find Kellie's comment. She seems to be the only one who saw a boat in the museum photo. The museum is mostly dedicated to a local artist & the boat is part of his paintings & story.
I went to visit a friend & had lunch at her place at the end of last week, we had a great time & I always wish we could have some more time together when I need to leave. I am enjoying my friends so much.
A couple of days ago, I saw a cute squirrel & saw him pick up a small greenish pine cone. He sat on the deck, holding the pine cone between his front paws. I went to get my camera & found him upside down on a tree. His tail is almost the color of the tree bark.
I love the way he holds by his back paws while holding his pine cone & eating.




Monday was a lovely day, Buddy went to the groomer, the cleaning lady came & I had my friend Diane at home for tea. She was born here so she knows a lot about local wild flowers & more & she identified my wild flower (photo in previous posts) It's an obedient plant & once it settles in a garden it will run wild. I'm very glad it picked mine.
I can't believe it's already fall, it's still in the high 80's & very humid. There is a mix of hot air coming from the west & wet air coming from the east that makes our weather this way. We have had storms predicted daily for over a month & it stays this way so far. Thankfully we have had mostly sunny days.
By the way, in case you wonder why I don't post often, Facebook has nothing to do with it. I started to be uninspired last spring & have been posting once a week for several months. I don't post much on Facebook either.

No comments:

Post a Comment