Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9-9-09

This has been a weird Labor Day weekend. Saturday was pretty nice with the art festival downtown but the weather was not great so we didn't go. There are tons of festivals here which is lovely. It's the good time for them right now until next summer.
We had a very nasty storm Saturday night, we lost power for about one hour between 2 & 3 AM, just when I was so freaked out I thought I should switch the light on to try to read & relax. We have tons of windows everywhere, they go from floor to the roof so you can't really ignore a storm. It was one of the noisiest I ever heard too. We had a small hurricane last year that was much less scary.
It was great to get the power back. I'm so glad this happened when Joel was home.
Sunday morning, there was no dial tone on the phone line, no internet & TV was terrible. I called everybody & the cable guy fixed Internet & TV Tuesday morning. It's funny how these things happen during the weekend or a holiday. The phone should be fixed Monday.




I almost posted without photo but I spotted this cute wild flower.
I have been drawing again & added some graphics to my graphics site
It's still mostly green but some leaves are starting to turn & the light is a bit different. The weather is less hot but still humid & a bit stormy.
By the way, I can't really share my scones recipe as I used a mix by The Republic of Tea. I just added butter & eggs & it was yummy :o)
Today is 999 (9/9/2009)
Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment