Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Blooming Season

We're having some gorgeous days right now, in the low 70s with very low humidity, the light is beautiful & nights are feeling cold in the low 50s. Easter was warmer, humid & stormy except Saturday. Joel left yesterday for Arizona & a little after he left, I heard a bit noise on the roof or a window, like a stick falling on the roof, I looked but saw nothing. This morning when I came back from walking Buddy, I found a little blue bird dead on the ground. It was so sad & I wish Joel could have picked it up. I did it & it was so light, it made me miserable. I love to listen to the birds & the mocking birds & I hope the house won't kill another one. There are so many huge windows & windows along the roof line reflecting the outdoors. Only once a bird knocked itself off & stayed on the deck for a few hours before flying off. I kept Buddy who wanted to play with him & cats away from him.
There are flowers everywhere. The honeysuckle is starting to bloom. I love the light, it was in the afternoon.




We have wild irises & this is the first one blooming. The photo was taken early this morning so the light is very different. The blue ones bloom later.



Thank you for your great comments about my photos, I have had several requests about my camera, I think it would be simpler to post its name here. It's a Pentax 20D, it's a SLRD camera & you can read all about it HERE. It's on sale right now because there is a brand new model (2000D) The camera is fantastic but the lenses also help. I'll give your more info about my favorite lens if you are interested.
Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment