Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gustav


It's a nice week as Joel is home & it might also be a good timing as Gustav is pretty scary so far & headed straight to the Gulf Coast. I couldn't sleep last night so I took the decision to start folding clothes to be ready to pack faster if we decide to leave or are evacuated. So far Gustav is a tropical storm but it should become a hurricane as it gets into the Gulf of Mexico. It made me start to get prepared but it's pretty sad as it's not for a trip or anything, it's like you may have to move even if you don't want to.
It's a bad time of the year here & it stays that way until the end of September. Hurricane season lasts until December though.
The best place to stay posted is the The National Hurricane Center
Talk to you soon,

Added August 30, 2008 - 12:39PM
We have a full tank of gas & a hotel reservation in a hotel that takes pets so we're getting ready to evacuate if necessary. I admit to be terrified, I have prepared things to pack & hope for the best :o)
Thanks for your comments, it really helps. Cathy, I don't have your mail & your link is not working. Thanks for your thoughts.
Hugs,

Susie

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I'm praying the TS Gustav miraculously loses his punch or changes his course and goes back out to see instead of hitting any land. Take care, sweetie. I'll be following his track along with you. Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, was thinking of you and Joan when the storm came and many other friends. So glad you got through it ok. I saw at Darylynn's where you got to stay. That is a blessing. I continue prayers as it looks to be an active hurricane season. Know I am thinking of you always. Love and ~hugs~

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisabeth, I wanted to stop by to see how you and your family are?
so glad Gustav didn't do as much damage as it could have! keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs

Post a Comment