Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Friends & Blackberries

I have been busy with new friends which has been wonderful & time has been flying. I have discovered that we have blackberries which is one of my favorite berries. I haven't seen the last 10 days go by although Joel was upstate New York. One of the smoke detectors had a dead battery, it sounds pretty simple to change but it's not really.We have very high ceilings & there's no way to reach without a ladder. I called a friend to ask her if she knew a handyman & she sent me someone to fix it in the next 15 minutes. When something is not right with a smoke detector, it beeps every minute or so. Buddy hated it & it scared him. Thankfully it happened in a room we don't use much so I closed the door & didn't hear it as much. I have been shopping online for books & more & I am receiving them faster than I was expecting which is great. I have also ordered a tart burner. I wanted a punched tin electric tart burner which I love. So far I have been using a tart burner with a tea candle. I'm looking forward to get it. Here's a photo from the site selling it.

Tart Burner

I still have to add many graphics & change things but I hope you enjoy your first visit here. I want to post fast so I can invite you all :o)
Have a great day,

Susie

4 comments:

sadie said...

hello! I hope it's ok to visit when you aren't officially 'open'! But I couldn't resist trotting along to have a sneaky peek! ;o)
must go. Have a great day. Have fab with the blackberries!
xxx

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

Ooooh sweet sis* ! You moved to Blogger !! Will you stop posting at the other blog & will only post here ? I didn't know I would say that, but I really love myself posting with Blogger, it's quite easy & quick. I hope you'll like it too !
Oh my, your tart burner is really gorgeous ! Would you mind sharing the name/URL of the site you bought it, I've been much interested in getting one, but on Etsy, I couldn't find an electric AND metal/punched. Thanks in advance.
Sorry about the smoke detector, I hope it got fixed by now. Poor Buddy. :(
I hope you're doing fine & that the weather is lovely. Around here I wouldn't say the same, it was warmer & sunnier a month ago ! Crazy !
Sending you much hugs, we're away for the next two days. OXOXOXOX Take good care !

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! Is thi a new url? I'll chweck when I leaveand update on my reads if it is! Glad you've made some new friends and that time is flying! I love berries of all kinds- especially blackberries, raspberries and boysenberries. how fun to be able to go out and pick them. Justin has 14 feet and higher ceilings, too, so I know the problem. Kali gets scared of the smoke detector beeps too. Glad you got help so quickly! (((Hugz)))

Darylynn said...

Excuse the typos- I'm still not used to my new keyboard!

Post a Comment