Friday, April 22, 2011

Wild Flowers

It's been pretty quiet & I haven't had much to write about. The weather has been fantastic at the beginning of the month but it's been warm & very humid since. It's a bit depressing, I hope the Southern wind forgets us for a bit. I have a head cold so it's not really fun :o)
It's 10:45am as I'm writing this & it's already 81 & 79% humidity.
There are lots of flowers & honeysuckles, it smells so sweet.




Honeysuckle grows wild here & the sweet scent is a little bit overwhelming at time. There are dried flowers blowing everywhere.
Last weekend we went to see a very funny play, we had a great time! The art center in our city has a fantastic theater & they get plays from everywhere. It's a very artistic city which is awesome.
Buddy enjoyed & loved the nice drier days, I like the way the photo shows his color.



This month has been fast & slow at the same time. Joel has been traveling too much.
Nothing much otherwise, I hope this post is not too boring!
Have a wonderful Easter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth;

Your posts are never boring. I love your nature and Buddy photos.

Just read your comment and no, we didn't make dove cake as that was more a northern Italy tradition. My family comes from Naples and Calabria. None of us were crazy about any desert with candied fruit as most dove cakes are made with them.

Have a blessed and happy Easter my friend Hugs (to buddy too) ;-}

annie said...

Never boring to me. I look forward to posts on what people are up to and I love the photos of Buddy quite a lot, as well as your photos of flowers.
We always loved when honeysuckle bloomed so we could pull out the stem and taste the nectar inside.
Have a wonderful happy holiday weekend.

sadie said...

Love the honesuckle. One of my favourite smells is the smell of honeysuckle in the air.

Not boring at all, it's always nice to find a fresh post from you :o) Buddy looks so lovely. His colouring is gorgeous, and yes, the sun shows it perfectly.

April seems to have been a very long month, even though we've had lots going on here with school, and Easter and bank holidays. Am really looking forward to Friday. I love a Royal Wedding, and this one is going to be a good one. Even though it makes me feel so old. I remember William being born and being excited about that, cannot believe he's about to become a husband, and probably a father fairly soon after. Exciting stuff.

Love your dream! How fab. Maybe one day it will come true?!

A very happy Easter to you xx

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! So very nice to see you posting. I'm jealous of your honeysuckle. I just love the smell of it. I'm sorry that you have a head cold. I hope you feel better soon! Cute picture of Buddy as always. :) Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter! Big hugs!

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! Could you cold possible be allergies from all the pollen? O know I often get headaches in the spring that I think might be allergy-related. I love Buddy's colors- it's so nice and muted. Glad you have lots of art and theater where you live. I'm looking forward to spring and summer festivals. Sad that they moved the Festival of Books from UCLA to USC this year. Boo! (((Hugz)))

Post a Comment