It felt good to take a blog break during the holidays, we had a fantastic time. Joel was home from December 18 to January 4th. It felt wonderful. We had a nice & cozy Christmas at home & my iPad was delivered just in time thanks to an unexpected stop in Mobile, AL. I am always a bit blue after Christmas but I love the week between Christmas & New Year's Day. A friend of mine recommended a [Dodo Case] & I got one & I love it.
After a lovely & quiet week, we had a wonderful New Year's Eve at Diane & her husband. Diane is a friend of mine & we decided to have our husbands meet knowing that they both had been in Princeton around the same time. It worked fantastically & we had a great time so now we see each others alone as usual & also with our husbands which is a lot of fun too. We had such a great time & it was a wonderful way to start the year. We usually don't go out on New Year's Eve but they live a couple of houses away which makes it a nice walk as houses are pretty far away.
We can't see our neighbors house from home except part of the roof in winter. It's a very nice area & we love it.
New Year's Eve was such a wonderful night, it was warm (65F) & we didn't need any jacket or sweater.
The weather is cooler now.
Finally Susan Branch has made a diary this year, it's called 2011 Day Book & it was nice to start it. It's a little bit smaller than the Lily Pulitzer diary I had in 2010 but I love it. That's one of the things I like about a new year.
Well I guess that's it for today, I hope to blog a bit more regularly but if life takes over I will just live & not feel guilty for not posting. :o)
Have a great day!

13 comments:
Happy New Year Elizabeth.
I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas, and New Year. Hope 2011 is a good one for you :o) xx
Hi Elizabeth! Congrats on the iPad! I plan to get one eventually. We're also waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone which I've heard is soon. They are all such cool products! How perfect about the guys having the same alma mater. A good friend of ours- Anna Zuckerman- is a Princeton alum. Her whole family is. She's the one who has been to the Antarctic many times.
I'm sure you must feel better where you're living now than when you had the looong winters in NY! Helps to see a little sunshine and have flowers and greenery around! (((Hugz)))
Happy New Year to you, Elizabeth. Glad you had a great time during the Xmas holidays. It was very cold here in the UK so my parents decide not to come and visit us. So we were a bit sad. Love your ipad and case. So cool! All the best. Ciao. A.
yay congrats on the Ipad !! We don't have any but all of our (grown up) Christmas gifts were Apple ones. (Iphones, Imac & MacBook) so I can't praise enough the Apple appliances. I'm sure you'll love using it.
so glad to read you had such a very lovely time over the holidays, with Joel at home with you & Buddy.
Have a great rest of your week xoxo
Oh, I love that iPad, Elizabeth. I'll bet you'll enjoy it very much. Glad you had a great holiday season :o). (hugs)
Happy New Year Elizabeth! Congrats on your new iPad. I tried one of those but because of my fingernails I was told i would scratch it up :( as it is my new pink Dell netbook I am on right now I have noticed scrathes on the edges of the screen :( I must be doing that when i open it up. I am now trying to be carefull! But I love it and it worked out so well on our trip to New Orleans. That is really cool about the guys having the same alma mater. Have a wonderful week ahead. Hugs, Dru
HI Elizabeth, I love Susan Branch things, enjoy your new album and ipad. I want one but I am not in a hurry to get it right now.
How wonderful your friend Diane and your husband are both from Princeton about the same time. Things are really going wonderful for you in MISS, I am so happy for you all. Have a happy new year! big hugs
Cooper had his first few hikes and I posted a video. Jeff just took him again a few minutes ago... he goes daily. I was able to upload another hi-def video to vimeo so they must have a set week time frame. I haven't checked YouTube lately but when I first used it, it didn't allow hi-def. Cooper's enjoying his Orijen puppy food and Kanan is on the regular adult Orijen and is doing well with it, too. We're feeding him less so he's lost a few pounds which he needed. Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))
Happy Holidays Elizabeth!! I am so jealous, I desperately want an ipad LOL. Maybe next year Santa will spoil me :o) I hope your having a great week :o) *hugs*
Hi Elizabeth,
Hope the New Year is treating you good! Enjoy your ipad :)
Hugs, Dru
Hi Elizabeth! Congrats on the ipad! I'm jealous, hubby is making me wait for the 2nd generation. I'm glad to read that you had a wonderful holiday! I love what you said about not feeling guilty for not posting. Well put! Have a great Thursday! big hugs!
Hi Elizabeth!
I found some online recipes for ginger cookies for dogs so if I can't find them at the store, I'll make them. Just gave Cooper a bath. He's 34 lbs now so it'll probably the last bath I give him and he'll have to go to a groomer! :) Have a nice Thursday! (((Hugz)))
Ciao dear Elizabeth, happy 2011! I guess better later then never ;) Hope the new year started well for you and your family :) How lovely to have your hubby home! And congrats on the iPad, it's quite cute.
Will be back soon (hopefully), have a lovely evening!
*hugs* and smiles your way!
Post a Comment