Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday Morning

I had a pulled muscle last week & it hurt as hell. Thankfully I'm better this week & the weather is less cold so far. I even put my rosemaries & thyme outside again.
I hope it won't freeze hard again soon. I have really not enjoyed the cold weather, I guess it's easier some year than others. We almost had snow but it didn't come this South. We had night temperatures around 25. It may seem fine to most but it's very cold for us.
Here's a photo of Buddy looking cute. He moved his face a little bit.




It's been pretty quiet so far. I have been seeing Diane so far, otherwise I should have lunch on Thursday with Jena & maybe Fern too. I haven't seen them for some time so I'm looking forward to it.
This little mint growing back is a mix of spearmint & chocolate mint.



I just wanted to touch base with you, thanks so much for staying in touch & leaving messages.

12 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Elizabeth! Glad your back is doing better. Buddy looks adorable as always :) I didn't even know there was such a thing as a chocolate mint herb? Hope you're enjoying your day! ((HUGS))

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth!
Buddy is such a cutie! Sorry about that pulled muscle that sounds painful :( Hope you have a warmer week ahead. We are still in the 80's here but should drop back to our normal 70's starting tomorrow :) Hugs, Dru

Dru Lowenthal said...

I had the darndest time logging in under google to post my comment so I just tried a different route and it worked!

annie said...

Hi Elizabeth , glad you are feeling better.
25degrees is cold by anyones book. I am growing less fond of winter every year and am wishing I lived in California now. Too cold, too much snow and too much expense in NJ.
Buddy always looks cute.
I also have chocolate mint and some pineapple too.
Hope your days are sunny and bright.

kia said...

Hiya Elizabeth and Buddy (awww, so cute!), glad you are better now :) 25 F degrees sound cold to me too. The weather is warmer here not (about 40 F degrees) and we also got a few sunny days, yay!
Have fun with your friends. Our best friend here in Scotland moved to France at the end of December and we already miss him...
Hugs & happy evening :)

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! Sorry about the pulled muscle! Things can stay sore a looong time. My rib is still not 100% and it's been at least 6 weeks. Nice to see a photo of Buddy! Enjoy the rest of the week and hope your temps stay nice so your herbs can stay outside. (((Hugz)))

Krystal Kats said...

HI Elizabeth sorry to hear about your pulled muscle, ouch! Hope you're feeling better and can be with your friends again soon. After Christmas it's such a time of lul but that is good to relax, I am sure thankful for the slower months of winter, but do that that it is so darn cold! big hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth;

Oh my, a pulled muscle! I'm so glad you're feeling better. It usually takes awhile for the pain to go away. I love the photo of handsome Buddy. I'm sending him a special hug. :)
Have a lovely week ahead my friend. Hugs

Sandy said...

Hi Elizabeth, so sorry you pulled the muscle and you were in so much pain. I hope it continues to get better. Not sure where your pain is, but I remember having those lower back problems and going to a chiro for over six weeks. He used some type of riveter machine on me and it helped tremendously.

Buddy is a darling ! Oh what a baby doll, I wish I could give him a big hug, if he's a hugging kind of doggie. I tried and tried to hug my sister's yellow lab while away and he had nothing to do with it. it kind of made me sad.
i've posted about my trip and it says on your sidebar that i posted a week ago. oh well, i guess just like the weather sometimes, they just don't keep up.

I love your friend Fern's name. now that is truly a southern name don't you think?

It's been such an unusual winter for the southland but i keep positive and keep telling myself that spring is just around the corner. It was so nice today and will be tomorrow (Thursday, as it's still Wednesday for me as I can't sleep right now) as well, then it will get cold again.

So glad your honey was home with you for Christmas and more ♥

Thank you for your condolences for my sister and her husband. Such a shock.

{gentle huggs}

Wynne said...

Hi Elizabeth,
pulled muscles really can be extremely painful, glad you're feeling better. Love that photo of Buddy, he's so charming :0) Have a super week. Big hugs

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

hi Elizabeth :) so sorry you hurt a muscle, but I'm relieved to read it's already less painful. Such injuries take such time to heal :(
aw what a cutie Buddy looks, I love the ponytail on top of his head <3
have a great weekend my friend oxoxo

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! Sorry about your pulled muscle but so glad that you're better. Lucky you for getting warmer weather. I'm longing for spring this year. It has been so cold here. Have a great weekend! Big hugs!

Post a Comment