Last week went pretty fast, Thursday I had lunch with Jena, Fern & Ashley too. They gave me Christmas presents so it felt like it was my birthday or so. It was pretty sweet & we had a great time!
Friday evening we left Buddy at the pet sitter & drove to Mobile, Alabama which is a small hour away for a concert.We saw Marcia Ball who is a blues singer very well known in the South & there was a Cajun group called Beausoleil first.
Here's a small photo taken during the concert.
My iPhone gets a little upset by the extra brightness on stage compared to the darkness where I was so the photo is not great. I have to remember to bring my old mini Canon that fits in any purse when we go to concerts etc.
Mobile is such a pretty city, part of it remind me of Savannah but otherwise it's a wonderful place on a beautiful bay & I wish we had more time to visit & maybe stay overnight & SHOP :o)
The theater built in 1927 was in the historic district. There are lots of restaurants, art galleries etc in that area & it's very pretty.
Well I guess you start to realize that I had a wonderful time! I loved the drive back home too.
I will write again soon :o)

12 comments:
Hi Elizabeth! You know what's odd? I had just checked your blog to see if you had updated, commented on someone else's blog, checked my email, saw your comment and checked back. You blogged! lol All of this in under a minute, btw. lol I'm easily amused sometimes. *shrugs* lol Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at the concert. Have a great day. Big hugs!
ps..we're actually having a heatwave. lol It's in the 30's until the snow storm gets here tomorrow. Want some? lol
Hi Elizabeth! Glad you had a post-Xmas celebration with your friends and a fun time at the concert! Does Buddy's pet sitter come to your house?
Cooper is getting so attached to Kanan and Kanan is much more patient with him now and enjoys playing with him. At first, Kanan was putting Cooper in his place but now Cooper is getting bigger so it'll be interesting to see how things shake out. Cooper will be much taller than Kanan, for sure! :)
Hi Elizabeth,
Sounds like you had a lovely time at the concert. I am not real happy with my new phones camera either! My old Nokia phone took a great picture but this new Blackberry I love except for the camera :( Your visit with your friends sounds fun too! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day.
Hugs, Dru
sounds like a very lovely time. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Just scooting around trying to make a few visits. Computer time has been scarce, not tweeting, I can usually find a second or two for that, but sitting down to write or make visits... that's a whole different matter!
enjoy the rest of your week xx
Hi Elizabeth;
Sounds like you had a lovely time. I can just imagine how beautiful Mobile, Alabama is. Many relatives and friends of mine have said the same thing. I too enjoy blues and jazz. Give Buddy a hug for me and have a lovely evening my friend. Hugs
HI Elizabeth that sounds wonderful and you left Buddy with a sitter that is great. I wish I had one for my pups because twice this week I had to away from home each time more then 4 hours and that is to long for our little black and red dog Effie. I don't think I have ever been to Alabama so that would be a fun place to visit and as well as MISS. too. have a great week! big hugs
Concerts are fun. I haven't been to one in a long time, but I hope to go to one in April.
Hi Elizabeth! Sounds like you had such a lovely time! We used to go to Mobile when we lived in Biloxi. I loved going there.
I see you got an iPad! Don't you just love it!?? I love reading on mine...well, actually, I do everything on mine. I've never heard of that case. I got a CaseCrown case (red), which I really love.
Hope you have a lovely day Elizabeth. Sending big hugs!
Ciao dear Elizabeth, sounds like you had a lovely time at the concert. :) Aww, how lovely getting Christmas presents a bit later, it's like being on holiday again :)
Enjoy the end of January and take care, big hugs!
Glad you had a lovely time the concert. I love live music too. What a wonderful of Buddy you put in your previous post! So happy to see him every now and then. All the best. Ciao. A.
Hi Elizabeth! The concert sounds like fun. I haven't been to one in so long. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! ((HUGS))
Mobile sounds like a very lovely town indeed :) How nice that you got to go to this concert ! My Iphone also usually have high contrasts, which sometimes bothers me, but hey, what can I do ?! LOL They still take lovely photos :) Have a wonderful start of your week ! xoxo hugs
Post a Comment