Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Looking forward to Fall

Last week was pretty fast, I'm looking forward to fall as we have been having a heatwave since the beginning of June. It starts to feel long & the storms & humidity are not helping. I think it's the worst summer in a long time here especially with the oil spill.
Saturday, there was the art festival at the art center & a friend of mine was there with her paintings. It was very hot so not very crowded but it was lovely & there were lots of great art. I bought this little painting from my friend.




Since the oil spill, our wild life is even more special to most of us.
• Reading I bought several magazines Saturday & I'm enjoying Vogue, In Style & Real Simple.
• Feeling OK I miss going for big walks
• Craving Cinnamon toast
• Drinking Tea
• Wearing Denim skirt & white top
• Carrying Giraffe Purse
• Buddy is so sweet, I think his sweetness shows in most photos.
• Weather Hot & steamy
• Cooking Something with Shiitake mushrooms, I found some at the supermarket & they're my favorite mushrooms.
• Thinking about the weekend, nothing much is planned this week.
• Flowers the rosemary is still blooming happily.
• Watching Nothing special, I should receive a DVD later today
• Candle I bought tons of candles, roasted coffee, mackintosh apple & apple cider which is lovely & spicy. They all smell so good. The only problem about burning candles right now is the AC vents trying to blow them off :o)
Have a great day!

11 comments:

Kia said...

Hello Elizabeth, you are right, Buddy seems a sweetie in photo too! And he is so handsome! :) i am burning a coffee-candle too right now. I hope your week started well, big hugs your way!

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! We have had our coolest summer in recent memory. I'm betting we are in for a hot September and October. That's a cute painting... at first glance I didn't make out the two little cuddling gators... at least I think they're gators. :) I'm glad the worst of the spill is behind you. (((Hugz)))

LadyT said...

Hi Elizabeth;

Wonderful painting of the two gators. I love Shiitake mushrooms, save me some. :) I would love to burn candles here but it's not allowed and in our lease. I guess they don't trust their older tenants. Enjoyed your post as usual. Give Buddy a hug for me. Have a lovely evening. Hugs

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I am laughing here because word press messed up and posted tomorrows post a few hours ago and you commented on it ;) I couldn't figure out how you knew then I see the sidebar has all the times of peoples last blog post! Cute painting. I love candles. I am a candle addict. I found a great place online to get them and room sprays. Here is the link http://www.kimsprimitives.com/ she always sends me a free bottle of spray or a candle then I love the smell of course and order it. As Darylynn said we are still having the coolist summer on record. Hope you get some relief soon. Hugs, Dru

Krystal Kats said...

HI Elizabeth yep it's true it's the coolest summer here. I love the oil painting that is really pretty. Yes Buddy sweetness always shows. White Barn has some yummy candles and decorations which I love! I must show off my kitchen summer table I always forget. I have not had cinnamon toast in forever! yummy! sounds great. A forgotten food for me. Have a great week. big hugs

Lori said...

Hi Elizabeth!! It is way hot here in Missouri also. It has been near or at 100ยบ for the past 2-3 weeks. They are saying next week low 90's, I am ready.
I love the picture. The Gulf stuff just upsets me to no end.
Have a nice week. ((BIG HUGS))!!

sadie said...

that's a lovely colorful painting.

It's pouring as I type this, I'm thinking our summer is practically over! I'll send some your way to clear the air.

Have a lovely weekend x

sadie said...

me again.
I thought I'd already mentioned in it a post, but perhaps not. She starts next year, during the Easter term.

I didn't expect the American version of Masterchef to have British contestants!!!! ;o)

enjoy your weekend. hope it cools down for you
xx

annie said...

The painting is sweet. I especially love the blue with the green.
I think Buddy's sweetness shows also.
Have a lovely weekend.

Judy said...

Hi Elizabeth! Living in Vegas, summers are always brutally hot, & I am so longing for Fall! We don't have the humidity though, so that is a plus.

The gator painting is so cute! Your friend is so talented.

Ummm - I love Shiitake mushrooms too! And candles - always have to have one of my candles lit! Have a lovely weekend Elizabeth. Hugs

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! I'm on a rug shopping spree- so far have bought 4! I've been researching pads and I think I may want to go with the 40 oz recycled jute. The synthetics can leave marks on hardwood when they start to deteriorate. Our 2 bigger rugs won't slip because they have furniture partly on them. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! (((Hugz)))

Post a Comment