Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

After a week of rain & storms, we had a very sunny weekend. I enjoyed seeing some fireworks from home, they were all beautiful but I thought that the 4th of July was a bit subdued this year.
Monday the cleaning lady came & Buddy went to the groomer, he really needed it as he is blowing his coat for the second time this year. I have no idea why it happens, June was very hot so it might have been the reason.
I wonder why we always have rain when the cleaning lady comes. It seems to be automatic & the tiles are almost while :o)
We have lots of big butterflies earlier this year, this one was huge. I really enjoyed the sunny days & took this photo Saturday.




It looked much better bigger, the light is beautiful. I cropped it so it's a bit better.
I should see my friend Jena at the end of the week for lunch & maybe some shopping. It's always fun & I'm looking forward to it.
Sorry it's a short post today, I'm not very inspired. I should try a bullet entry next week!
Have a great day!

10 comments:

LadyT said...

Happy Tuesday Elizabeth!

No rain here, just hot, hot and HUMID heat type weather. It's the worst I've seen or felt in a couple of years. I love the butterfly photo, I feel like I could almost touch it. Have a lovely rest of the week my friend. Hugs

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! You're so lucky to be getting the rain. We haven't seen rain in weeks and not to mention it's super crazy hot. I don't remember it being this hot in YEARS. Oh well, that's what they make AC for. lol I hope we see some rain soon. :) Beautiful picture, don't you just love butterflies? Have a great day! Hugs!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Happy Tuesday!
No rain here, but it is very hot and humid..makes me just want to stay inside in the AC.
Oh I love that photo of the butterfly, so beautiful!
Take care
~hugs~

Krystal Kats said...

Elizabeth that is a gorgeous photo of the butterfly you took. No rain for us here in CA this time of year though.
That butterfly is landing on the Lantana which is a gorgeous flower plant. Have a great week! big hugs

Linda said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I think you are getting England's rain as we have not had any for weeks!!! It remains hot and humid!
Love your photo of the butterfly!! So pretty.
Enjoy your week.
Hugs

JayJay said...

it just started raining here hopefully its just a short burst.

the photo of the butterfly is very beautiful

Hugs

sadie said...

send some rain my way. Parts of the UK have a hosepipe ban starting today (not where we are), which seems utterly ridiculous considering the very long, cold, wet winter we had earlier this year.

Too muggy for my liking. Not happy at all. Heartily fed up to be honest, it's gone on too long. I mean, Wimbledon wasn't rained off for a single day this year - so wrong!

Thank you for your tweets about my new bag! I love it, it's perfect for autumn, but of course I'm using it already ;o)

Lovely butterfly photos.

Have a glorious weekend xx

Lori said...

Hi Elizabeth!!! What a gorgeous photo of the butterfly!! I love butterflies.
Have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Beautiful picture ;) We actually rained here on Saturday something that never happens here in July. Such odd weather! I just read Kat's comment before it rained in a lot of CA on Saturday ;)Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Dru

Anonymous said...

I am with you about the rain, dear Elizabeth! I hated the last three weeks with rain no-stop! And fog! Gosh, in summer? are they kidding me? I want a decent HOT and SUNNY day! ;) NOOOOOOW! lol
Lovely butterfly shot, alas I have not seen many this year. Big hugs, have a lovely week!!

Post a Comment