Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lambrusco, Earl Grey & Pelicans

The weekend has been flying by once again. It started Friday with lunch with two friends at The Olive Garden. We drank a glass of Lambrusco which was light & delicious with a yummy Italian meal. Lambrusco is a sparkly Italian red wine, it's pretty light. Fern was coming back from Paris & she brought me back a box of a wonderful Earl Grey tea. It's so sweet of her.
Saturday Jena & Fern picked me up to go to the farmers market & we had a lovely time. There was a very interesting writer who knew a lot about marine life & he was pretty reassuring about the oil spill. Not the oil spill itself of course but the way the wild life is affected. The animals tend to stay out of the oil spill area, we see many more dolphins right now as they are closer to the shore. It's still a terrible thing though. He was dedicating his books.
We had a fun time although it was pretty hot, the sun was burning. We stopped at Sonic for a fresh drink on our way home. Time just goes too fast with friends.
I took this photo near the farmers market, pelicans are really special here & there are so many.




It's very hot during the day so I often go for walks after the sun sets, it's still hot & pretty humid & very noisy, southern nights are not quiet :o) There are lots of crickets, frogs & much more. It used to scare me at the beginning...
Our street isn't lit at night & there are lots of trees so it might make a difference although we have outdoors lights & our neighbors do too.
These are Montbretia, they're also known as Crocosmia. They are beautiful & blooming everywhere. This is the first year we have so many.



Have a great day!

10 comments:

Darylynn said...

Hi Elizabeth! Seeing the pelicans drenched in oil is one of the most heartbreaking things- they look so miserable. I hope the writer is correct about the wildlife. That's really a cute pelican sculpture. Glad you're enjoying all the sounds of the South now. :) (((Hugz)))

Tracey said...

Hi Elizabeth! I agree with Darylynn...it's heartbreaking seeing them drenched in oil along with the crabs and fish floating on top of the water! Love the pelican pic =) ((BIG HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth;

Two of my very special favorite drinks after coffee..Earl Grey tea (I have a cup everty night) and Lambrusco vino. It's great with a dish of pasta.

I too hope the writer is correct about the wildlife. It doesn't look like they stay out of the oil spill area. It's heart breaking.

That's a great photo of the pelican statue. I love the colors. Have a lovely middle of the week. Hugs

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
That makes me feel better about the wildlife and the oil spill. It has me heatsick! I love the pelican statue so cute :) You lunch with friends sounds awesome. Hope you have a great rest of the week.
Hugs, Dru

Linda said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Glad you had a nice time with your friends. Earl Grey tea is so good!
Cute pelican and beautiful flowers.I have so disliked seeing those poor pelicans drenched in oil-heartbreaking so hope the writer is correct.
Hugs.

Lori said...

Hi Elizabeth!! I have a very difficult time watching the news with the wildlife being hurt the way they are.
I am so glad you enjoyed your time with your friend and the pelican is adorable!! I love it!!
Have a nice day sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Judy said...

Hi Elizabeth, the oil spill has really been tragic & heartbreaking. It's so very sad, & I hope it can be brought under control very soon.

You have carved out a wonderful life there Elizabeth! I still remember when you were moving there. You have settled in so well, & I love reading about your friends & the adventures you all go on. Always love your pictures!! Hugs

JayJay said...

sounds like a wonderful day

its reassuring to know the wildlife stays away from the oil spill. Its been gut wrenching to see images of the ones who have not.

Im so jealous lol I would love to see the dolphens

Have a wonderful weekend

*hugs*

sadie said...

sounds like you are enjoying your summer. We have a very showery day today, and it's been cold all week, so I am enjoying our summer so far.

About your tomato, it could just need a bit more time. I have some that I thought had no sign of fruit, but have noticed flowers forming recently. It's always possible that yours won't have fruit, but you never know. Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

Must dash. Have a lovely weekend xx

Sandy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Yes it's so sad about the wildlife and what the poor things have to go through.
There are always a lot of dolphins here regardless and it's magical to see them. We always see them at Shem Creek.
I've had Lambrusco before and it is a wonderful wine. I've never had earl grey tea.
The Pelican is a cutie.
I know what you mean about the sounds of the south at night. There are some really weird sounds that come out of the woods across from the pond along with the frog orchestra. Some nights they are quiet as can be and other nights very loud.
Hope you have a great week and have lots of great lunches with your friends! Whenever I meet up with girlfriends, I'm more of a "supper" and happy hour girl LOL !
hugs

Post a Comment