Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Last week has been pretty fast once again, Joel came back Wednesday which was nice. Friday was take your dog to work day & Joel did just that as the bug lady was coming. It was a funny coincidence. I prefer to have him away for this & he can't stay outside either as they spray inside & outside around the house every two months.
The weather is stormy all week or so, thanks to Alex. I'm very grateful it didn't come here. I hope this is a good omen because things are already so bad with the oil spill. I try not to keep checking the news much as it's just very depressing.
Carpe Diem (seize the day) has always been one of my favorite ways of life so I try to take things a day at a time. Anyway living in the present is the right thing to do.
Below is a photo of Mobile, Alabama taken from the interstate.




I go for walks in the evening & even later when Joel is home. We had a beautiful moon a few days ago. It's funny how I don't mind to go for a walk late at night when Joel is home but I never do it when I'm alone. Buddy doesn't help as there's lots of wild life & he pulls in every way barking like crazy.
Joel left Sunday morning at 4 am & won't be home until Friday afternoon. I can't believe it's already the 4th of July weekend!
As I posted last week, I bought a Dooney & Rourke wristlet which is dark pink, in patent leather. I took a photo & here it is.
The handle is closest to the real color.



Have a great 4th of July!

11 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Hope your day is good and thank you for dropping by my blog. Love the wristlet-beautiful colour.
It would be nice if you managed to get to Oxford for a visit. It is a lovely city with many amazing sights!
Hugs.

Kim said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for the visit and the tag! The oil spill makes my heart break. I cry every time I read something about it or see photos of all the wildlife dying. So so so very heartbreaking but I think you have the right attitude about it. :) Good for you!

Your wristlet is so pretty! I absolutely love the colour, it's screams summer.

Kim said...

Oh my, I forgot to mention that I hope you have a wonderful day and a great 4th of July!

Sarah said...

Thanks! I will.

Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a delightful spot to slip off my shoes and drench myself in goodness.

Splashin,
Sara

Lori said...

We stayed the night in Mobile on our way to Orange Beach. I loved Mobile. It is a gorgeous city.
Take your dog to work day sounds like so much fun!! Glad that worked out with the bug man too!! Yay!!
Happy 4th of July!! Have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Dru Lowenthal said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I too can't believe it is the 4th of July already. This year I was in no hurry to turn 60 on July 3rd LOL. I can't wrap my head around that number yet ;) I love the picture of Mobile those are some very impressive buildings. I love your dark pink wristlet! Have a wonderful Thursday.
Hugs, Dru

annie said...

Living in the present is good advice Elizabeth. Glad you said that!
How cool there is a take your dog to work day. Sounds fun to me.
Hope you have a wonderful fourth of July.

Judy said...

Hi Elizabeth! I love to seize the day also. So many live their lives not doing so. They 'put off life', & before they know it, it's slipped away. Life is precious & I love making it fun!

Love your wristlet! I am going to try & find the large D&B. I really love it.

I've seen the Mickey Mouse D&B online, but I want it to come from Disney...it will be more special that way. Can't wait to get it!

Hope you have a lovely 4th Elizabeth. Stay safe. Hugs!

Krystal Kats said...

Elizabeth your purses are gorgeous I love them both. God teaches also to take one day at a time, it can be hard to do.I think I have a hard time with the living in the past issue, but I am getting better about that as I grow older. The oil spill is depressing, well everything is depressing right now. I am forced to force myself happy and be thankful what God has given us. CA where we live is 17% unemployment so it's hard here.
Every time I see the baby animals and animals in the oil spill I just cringe.
I also feel so sorry for the people that cannot work right now, it's just a huge terrible mess.
I pray things get better in that area soon. Have a Happy 4th of July weekend. big hugs

Denise said...

Happy 4th Elizabeth. Cute that Buddy got to go to work with Joel :)
We got a lot of rain from Alex but it was a welcome change from the heat here in TX. It's dry now but cloudy and still hot.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
xxxx

sadie said...

aha. I recognize that photo, isn't it your twitter pic? :O)

I love your new bags, very nice.
Hope you had a lovely weekend :O) xx

Post a Comment