Sunday we went to Pensacola, Florida for a guitar amp. It's about 2 hours drive from home & it was my first time in Florida. We went to the guitar store then visited Pensacola which is very pretty. We came back home by the shore road for part of the trip before catching the interstate. It was lovely & a nice way to spend the day. It was 95 degrees though so it would have been even nicer if it had been a bit cooler :o)
This is the beginning of Pensacola beaches. The yellow & orange lines close to the shore are booms. They look closer than they really are.
What I don't like in Alabama & Florida is that huge buildings are built on the beaches & you can only glimpse the gulf shore from time to time. Mississippi is different, very few buildings are directly on the shore & they mostly are the big casinos. But most of the shore is visible & there are houses further on the side of the road.
I bought a new purse :o) I'm terrible but it's so pretty & I love Italian leather so I couldn't resist it.
I also bought a Dooney & Rourke wristlet which is dark pink, in patent leather. I love it & it's small enough to fit in purses & also to use for the farmers market when I don't want to carry a purse. I'm addicted to Dooney & Bourke :o)
Joel is only gone for 2 days, he's in Michigan & he's coming back Wednesday morning. I won't see him until Wednesday afternoon as he'll go straight from the airport to the office.
Have a great day!

14 comments:
Beautiful pic of Pensicola! Did you get out any and walk on the shore? Just wondering if it has been affected by the oil spill yet. I love your new purse too! ((BIG HUGS))
Hi Elizabeth;
Great photo! It's been 12 years since I went to Florida. It's probably built up so much since I was there. We drove all the way through from beginning to end (down one side to the Keys and up the other side for over two weeks. I enjoyed much of it but couldn't live in Florida myself. I'm too much of a New Yorker I guess. LOL!
I love Italian leather myself and the few bags that I own are just that. Your D&R wristlet is adorable.
Have a lovely evening my friend. Hugs
Hi Elizabeth, that's a lovely purse, i love it too. i love the color and have a pair of boots in it.
the picture of P-Cola almost looks like it's right before you cross the long bridge over to Gulf Breeze. I'm probably mistaken though. There would have been a great place to have lunch there. It's called McGuire's and I always loved going there. Gosh I was just thinking of Pensacola today and I was wondering about an awesome seafood market there, it was called Joe Patti's and it was a really neat place. People came from everywhere with coolers to take seafood back home. I hope they weren't affected by the oil tragedy.
{{{hugggs}}}
Lovely picture! Love the purse too!
Enjoy your day!
Blessings.
Ciao Elizabeth, felice estate a te, Buddy e Joel! :) Lovely photo of Pensacola. Was Buddy with you? Did you make it to the shore for a walk? I hope your week is going well, hugs and enjoy your new purse :)
I went to Pensacola, FL and Orange Beach, AL last summer. I am heart sick of the oil problems going on down there. It is a beautiful area.
Love your new purse. Have a nice day!! ((BIg HUGS))!!
Bravo to the USA soccer team! What a surprise it has been! :D Yay!
Hi Elizabeth!
Happy Wednesday. :-)
It has been years since I have been in Pensacola. I lived in several different areas of Florida..years ago.
I love Dooney & Bourke and am addicted as well. :-)
Enjoy your day.
xoxo
Hi Elizabeth, Jason is gone for two days this week too, I'm sure the time will fly by. Love your new purse.
Hi Elizabeth! Beautiful purse! I like outside pockets for keys and cellphones. :) I like D&B, too! Glad you had a nice trip to Florida! that's close- like us going to San Diego. :) I've never been to Florida but would like to visit Disney World and epcot one day. (((Hugz)))
Hi Elizabeth! Love the pic of Pensacola. It's been years since we were in Florida, but I so remember the humidity & it rained, rained, rained for days!
LOVE that Dooney! I too am addicted to them. I have so many. I want the Mickey Mouse one (there's that child at heart again)...next time I go to Disneyland, it's coming home with me. :-) Have a lovely day Elizabeth. Hugs
Elizabeth,
I love your new purse it's so pretty. I love to shop for purses but I am not really addicted to them like I am shoes. I am really a shoe nut.
I just bought a darling pair of black satin slip ons with a flower on the top from Nordstrom, they are so cute. Almost look like slippers, but much prettier.
I think California builds to much on the beach to, but Oregon does not do that so you can actually view the ocean and get a better view of the beach and coast. Much prettier then all the buildings along the beach.
I am really in love with Oregon and would love to live there, but we are stuck here in CA for now.
What a fun drive to Florida only two hours away that's great! what fun. I went to Florida for our honeymoon back in 1988, it's very muggy there and Steve and I thought they had a lot of bugs, strange bugs. But it's a beautiful state.
Have a great summer. big hugs
Hi Elizabeth,
Beautiful pictures of Pensacola. I have never been there before. I love your new purse! Thanks for yout kind words on my blog. Hope you have a wonderfuo week ahead.
Hugs, Dru
Are you having bad weather? Thinking about you as I am reading "Elizabeth Street" and the main character is named Giovanna! Love the purse!
Post a Comment