This is my 100th post! It doesn't feel like it :o)
I had lunch with Fern & Jena earlier today & we had a great time. Time just flies when we're together. We went to one of my favorite restaurants downtown which has some local specialties. We have a few favorites but there are always new places to go to or to see. I had a delicious red snapper.
This weekend is the anniversary of our little city, it was discovered in 1699 so there'll be a reenactment on the beach Saturday & the art festival Sunday. I'll probably go to the art festival.
It's getting warmer here & we have a heavy dew early morning, here's a photo of a strawberry flower.
I have learned that the yellow iris we have are Louisiana Iris. I love to discover what is what in our yard. You can see a photo in my previous post.
The oldest drugstore in town was sold several months ago, the new owner discovered the equipment for a soda fountain as good as new, they have put everything back the way it used to be in the 50's & 60's which is pretty awesome. I stopped there with Diane last week. It's a very old drugstore that stayed in the same family for a very long time, there are still old coca cola signs & more. I love these kind of places.
The honeysuckle is ready to bloom, here's a photo taken a few days ago.
Have a great day!

14 comments:
Hi Elizabeth! Is that the same thing as a strawberry plant that actually grows strawberries? Great shot of it! An art festival sounds like fun. Hope you are having a great evening! ((BIG HUGS))
Hi Elizabeth,
Happy 100 post! Your lunch sounded great and yummy! I have never heard of a strawberry flower? You anniversary and art festival sounds like that will be fun :) Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs, Dru
Hi Elizabeth I love your shot of the flower it's gorgeous. Happy 100th post! we used to have a old soda fountain at the Woolworth but those went away in 90's I think. The closest thing we have to old soda fountain now is the Sonic which is pretty darn good and they roller blade out to your car and you can slushies. I love them! lime is my favorite. Have a great week Elizabeth. big hugs
Happy 100th posts!!! I hope you have a great upcoming week :o) Love the flowers!
Hi Elizabeth,
Congratulations on 100th post!
Those are lovely photographs.
My backyard is filled with wild strawberries but I have never gotten fruit from the hundreds of plants as the birds take them when they are tiny.
Hope your day is bright and sunny.
Happy 100th post Elizabeth! I don't know how many I have done - now you have made me want to check.
You make living in the South sound so wonderful. I would love to see the drugstore that you mentioned. Could you take pics?
Have a great day Elizabeth. Hugs!
Hello Elizabeth;
Congratulations on your 100th post. Your flower photos are always so lovely to look at. It's been awhile since I've had red snapper. my ex husband's father had an original 50's candy store that had the original Pepsi soda pump that played "Pepsi Cola hits the spot, two for a nickle that's a lot" everytime you you mixed a glass of soda for a customer. He used to say the neighborhood kids would run in and pull the lever and run out again. LOL!! Now both the store and his father are long gone. Your drugstore posting brought back this memory for me. Thanks for sharing. ;-}
Ciao cara! Congratulations on your 100th post! Pretty strawberry flower with the waterdrop <3 My parents have plenty of strawberries in the garden, too bad we are too far to enjoy them. :P
About our Graphic Shoppe.. dunno! I am afraid our Muse is lost... or dead... or just very very lazy! LOL! ;) Plus, everyone seems interest only in tubes right now. I only have a small page with a few linkware (siggies and cards) for now.
Have a lovely rest of the week, hugs!!
Hi Elizabeth!
Congrats on your 100th post. Gorgeous photos you have posted!
The old drugstore sounds great! I love places like that as well.
Hope you are having a fabulous week!
~lots of hugs~
Love your photographs
Love you
Hi Elizabeth,
Congratulations on your 100th post!!
Love your photos! Beautiful!
I hope you are having a good week!
Hugs and blessings.
Hi Elizabeth! Congrats on your 100th post! I am not sure now what I am at, I will have to check. You take such beautiful photos! We don't have any soda fountains here, we do have some ice cream shops. Have a wonderful weekend!
Have a lovely weekend, dear Elizabeth! Hugs! :)
Happy 100th post! Love the strawberry flower photo.
have a lovely Sunday xx
Post a Comment