Last week went fast as Joel didn't travel, I went to get organic dirt & pots for the herbs Monday & planted them. In a week they are grown so much, it's been pretty warm & they enjoy the sunshine. I'm not good about starting plants from seeds, I should try it but I'm always afraid to fail & I also forget to do it when it should be done. I may buy some strawberries, summer squashes & tomatoes plants too.
I planted the mints in a window box I bought last year at the farmers market. It's a very pretty wood, you don't see it well on this photo but it gives an idea. The herb on the left is spearmint.
Tuesday a friend of mine brought me a huge pot of peppermint, it's so sweet of her & I love mint so it's wonderful.
Then the week has just been flying by. This week Joel was supposed to leave Tuesday for a Arizona but it was changed to Monday so he left early this morning & I was pretty worried about his drive to the airport as it was very foggy. He will be back Thursday night. Same schedule for next week too.
I have no special projects for this week but things could change :o)
Here's a photo of the lemon thyme I planted last Monday.
Have a great day!

16 comments:
I'm sure you're enjoying the weather and early springs compared to NY for your garden and herbs. I always grow from little pots or ponypacks, too, since it seems so much easier. I guess if I had a big planting area, I might try seeds. Good luck with your herb babies! :) (((Hugz)))
Hi Elizabeth,
I wish I had the time and space to grow herbs. They look beautiful. Have a wondeful week.
Hugs, Dru
Hi Elizabeth, see you have the green thumb out with your plants. It is hard to even be out in the garden right now because it reminds me of Reina. But I did make a point to spend time out there with my grandson. The herbs remind me of our homework days with Darylynn. Hugs
Hi Elizabeth! I would love to try my hand at growing herbs, but I have never done so well at growing anything. :-( I bet the spearmint & peppermint would be so good in tea. I know they smell wonderful. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. Have a great week. Hugs!
Elizabeth - I forgot to tell you that I did get your comment at my SWD blog. I don't see mine here that I just left though...I hope it didn't disappear! Hugs
Beautiful and much love and many blessings
I love herbs and all things spring.
I love you
Jeanne♥
Hi Elizabeth today is our first day in a long time that is actually nice outside. I love mints to and have a chocolate mint that smells heavenly. It's good you put them in pots though because they spread like wildfire and into other areas you may not want them to be. Have a wonderful week! big hugs
Hi Elizabeth!
Oh what beautiful herbs. I may try to grow some this year.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
~hugs~
Hi Elizabeth, I love growing herbs. I can't wait to get mine started here, still a bit to cold, but I do have some perinnals in the herb garden that are started to look good. I love peppermint too, but I have a hard time containing them in my herb garden. My chocolate mint goes EVERYWHERE!
Enjoy this spring weather and hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Cindy
Hi Elizabeth,
I "am" in NJ but if you take a look on my site I put up photos of my area similar to the one you posted. :)
I love growing herbs. I had planted tons of mint in the garden in all varieties but let them go to seed and they got stringy looking. I need to do a better job on them.
Ciao cara Elizabeth, as I wrote today in my post, I wish I had a garden or a big balcony to grow flowers and erbs and veggies. I miss my parents garden so much! Your herbs look so beautiful! I can almost smell them. :)
Have a lovely day! Hugs!
Oh I am so impressed at your herbs! They look so healthy and you have so many! Good for you. I love spearmint mixed in some ice water. It's perfectly simple to grow from seed! try it sometime, just go and get a pack of something and you can even try it outdoors now, as long as the nights aren't too cold. That's your homework assignment. lol
Even with the snow, my basil is doing great and is making a strong comeback. The rosemary always survives and is doing great as well as the parsley.
You will have to give me the link to the ad for the Enchanted April and the story, is it a magazine I haven't yet heard about? Now I'm curious :O)
Talk to you soon my dear. It rained here all night and even thundered and lightening(ed) HAH
It's still going but has slowed down a bit right now. I missed my walk with pup tonight, and he was kind of bummed too. It's been too hot to walk him in the day, but supposed to cool down. It was 90 here for a few days and I couldn't even think about gardening in that. I KNOW I'm not complaining lol but that's quite a drastic change for April.
(((hugggs)))
oh, I meant to mention that I want to grow the wisteria so desperately too! is that why they call in Desperate Housewives on Wisteria Lane?
just kidding.
here's a great link I loved about when to prune your wisteria, that's when and if we ever get to grow some ♥
http://thebrightongardener.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-to-prune-wisteria-with-alan.html
Oh I love herbs!! yours look so good, I hope to plant some in the back this summer.
I hope you have a great weekend!
Hi Elizabeth,
Popping in to wish you a great weekend!
~hugs~
Hello Elizabeth :)
Planting is very enjoyable. I hope to get some veggies and herbs planted this year.
Post a Comment